As a newly married woman, one of my goals has been to learn to become more comfortable in the kitchen and learn to cook on my own. My very first and favorite recipe I have made since moving has been this basic yet savory Chicken Parmesan- it’s quick, simple, and easy enough for a beginner. I wanted to share this recipe for anyone else who needs a dinner idea that’s perfect for a busy weeknight!
– Olive Oil (1 tbsp.)
– 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
– Salt & Pepper (as desired)
– 1 Small Finely Diced Onion
– 1 Clove Minced Garlic
– Penne Pasta (1 lb.)
– Chicken Broth (2.5 cups)
– Diced Tomatoes (28 oz.)
– Italian Seasoning (1 tbsp.)
– Chopped Baby Spinach (4 cups)
– Grated Mozzarella Cheese (1 cup)
– Optional: Parmesan Cheese
1) Heat olive oil on medium-high heat in an oven-safe skillet.
2) Cook chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes for each side.
3) Remove from pan and set aside.
4) Cook onion in same skillet for 3 minutes.
5) Add garlic and cook for additional 30 seconds.
6) Add pasta, chicken broth, tomatoes and seasoning.
7) Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
*Be sure to stir every 3-4 minutes to prevent pasta from sticking to pan*
8) Pre-heat oven to 450℉.
9) Add spinach, chicken, and cheese as desired.
10) Place in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked.
Here is a link to the YouTube video for visual learners like myself: Quick & Easy Chicken Parmesan with The Domestic Geek. Enjoy & let me know how it goes!